Rush Limbaugh and Pat Robertson

Gallery Random Image

Welcome! Log In

Advanced

January 17, 2010 12:28AM
...should be deported to Haiti immediately. No money, no phone, no food, no water, NO NOTHING. What they said about the horror in the aftermath of the earthquake is absolutely obscene and inexcusable.

I sent $10 to the Red Cross via their text-message system. It's about all I can afford right now being out of work, but it makes me feel better to have given something.

Support your local cigar smokin', whiskey drinkin', big bearded biker trash!
Re: Rush Limbaugh and Pat Robertson
January 17, 2010 03:40AM
I couldn't agree with you more furr!!!!!

I sent $100 of the money I made at Christmas playing Santa to the relief fund.

I hope all of us do what we can to help those people.

Furr, what did they say?
Santa, That is really really cool! I like the fact you donated money you got from playing santa! Beautiful irony!
January 19, 2010 10:59AM
balderthanyou: Pat Robertson suggested that the earthquake was some kind of divine retribution, claiming that when the slaves there revolted against the French, they did so after making a "pact with the devil" that's left them cursed ever since, or some such thing. Essentially, he's blaming the victims. Other people have pointed out that generally when someone makes a pact with the devil, they have great material success - it's only after they die that they wind up debased and tormented. I've always thought he was a lunatic, but he exceeds himself with this one.

Rush Lamebrain used the tragedy as an opportunity to take another swipe at Obama, suggesting that he would actually steal money intended for the relief effort donated through a link on the official white house website. (As it happens, the link in question goes directly to the Red Cross.) He went further in suggesting that even if the money does go through, one would wind up on a campaign mailing list - again, completely ridiculous given the direct link.

He also suggested that Obama was responding rapidly in order to garner political advantage. Even if it were true - the people in need are getting help, so I don't see the issue.

Support your local cigar smokin', whiskey drinkin', big bearded biker trash!
Cool, thanks Furr. Wow. I knew they were both idiots, but I don't follow any of that stuff. Canadian politics has enough idiots for me to be entertained!
January 17, 2010 07:02AM
I'm not into revenge as off base as their recent statements were about the Haitians and the govt. It is not the time to be affixing blame. Those poor benighted folks down there have such rough lives and then this quake added to all of it.
I am contributing to the relief funds through the Red Cross and my church humanitarian fund.

Good for you, Furr and Santa

PROUD TO BE A SEPPO BADGER

VANCOUVER, WASHINGTON, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Gym
January 17, 2010 07:12AM
Furr wrote:

> ...should be deported to Haiti immediately. No money, no phone,
> no food, no water, NO NOTHING. What they said about the horror
> in the aftermath of the earthquake is absolutely obscene and
> inexcusable.
>
> I sent $10 to the Red Cross via their text-message system. It's
> about all I can afford right now being out of work, but it
> makes me feel better to have given something.
>

=====================================================

That, Furr, is a brilliant idea! And if it were up to me, I'd even suggest that at least Rush be sent there without any clothes on his back, too. What a work of art he is.
January 17, 2010 10:41AM
Is there not some way these money-grubbing hucksters can be charged with hate speech every time they blame natural disasters (or even terrorist attacks) on pacts with the devil, gays, Mexicans, Jews, Catholics, etc.

I donated to Medecins du Monde after the tsunami when my employer offered to match all donations. After Katrina, I waited a couple of weeks to see if they might make such an offer again, and when no announcement came, I made a donation to the Red Cross via internet. Right after that, they did make the offer. I asked if I could use the donation I already made toward their offer, using my printouts as proof, and they refused to honor it. As my income is not great, I couldn't afford to make a second donation at that time. This time, I will have to bluntly ask before writing a check, except I'm am not even sure I can afford a contribution to this relief. Here's hoping they decide to do it early, so I can write a check before I change my mind.

(I tried to find out exactly what kind of good works Pat Robertson is involved in. The only thing I could find was that he had a jet plane converted into a hospital. I never read where it had been flown anywhere. I will play the devil's advocate for a bit longer and keep on looking.)

Growing a beard
is the most ambitious thing
one can do while being lazy.
And the lazier one is,
the more ambitious one becomes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Top of Page