Paths to financial success without first murdering manhood?

Gallery Random Image

Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Paths to financial success without first murdering manhood?

(Overly dramatic way to put it, huh? tongue sticking out smiley )

Anyway, in my area having facial hair or being a man with a non-normal hair style basically means you're stuck as a cashier forever and ever, IF they don't turn you away at the door. There has to be a way, though! What would you men suggest as paths to success? What are your own personal journeys to independence and livelihood?
Re: Paths to financial success without first murdering manhood?
January 18, 2014 10:20AM
NO! the key is getting an education, I have a no cashier job, just a job in IT and it pays decently.

Gerald
[members.cox.net]
My personal journey was serving 10 years in the United States Navy, which did require a clean shave daily.

Uncle Sam then paid for me to go to school, and having the background of being a poor Navy guy I simply wasn't used to over spending on stuff or having a lot of extras, I busted my butt and got a bachelors and masters in Aeronautical engineering in 5 years, working as an EMT at night.

I was used to a very Basic necessity lifestyle. I never even had a credit card until I was almost 30.

Uncle Sam was then nice enough to provide guaranteed loans for me to open a small business, thus ensuring my financial independence from "the man".

If I'm working a "cash register" its because I own the place.
I just signed on as a electrical lineman apprentice. I have a six month beard and they didn't bat an eye. There was another guy at the interview with what I would guess to be about a yeard (murdered his poor stache though). I felt no discrimination. In fact I feel more respected with my beard.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Top of Page