Re: This is sick !

Gallery Random Image

Welcome! Log In

Advanced

This is sick !
February 17, 2013 05:15PM
Got a little medical adventure lately ( since December 2012 ) All begun with a misplaced reflex and ended at the Computerized Tomography Scanner.

Early December Someone hit my ribs with her elbow . It was breathtaking and was hurting a little but the pain was under control with acetaminophen. A couple of days later A caught a cold ... and it felt hard to cough got a little fever.

As it was on it's way to get better I caught a second cold and this time I had to cough really strongly and this time it really hurt ( I couldn't even breath and every step was a nightmare) I went to the doc. She said the rib is broken and there is bruise underneath . So I got an X- Ray, codeine a couple of days off just get the pain manageable. The X -ray showed some signs of infection and an obstructed bronchus.

So I got some amoxicillin (antibiotic) it was ineffective so the week after I was sick again with fever, some trouble to breathe correctly and cough and pain ... I saw my Doc again and she was really not sure what was going on . So she said I have take as quickly as possible a blood test and do a CT scan. An new antibiotic (Telithromycin) just in case.

The blood test result showed an infection with inflammation. I got the Doc on the phone she said If the CT scan shows some fungus "eating" my lung it would be the worst situation, but none of other hypothesis would be un manageable in a mid term treatment.

The telithromycin seem to really have effect after a couple of days . No more fever and I could breathe better. Last Monday I had my CT scan exam . they found nothing special but two broken ribs (8 and 9 Left) slowly healing ... just taking 1200 mg Ibuprofen so far

----
No beard, No soul

<[picasaweb.google.com];
February 19, 2013 10:38AM
My, my Stephan, what a scare! So glad the new antibiotic worked and you are on the mend. Be well soon, mon ami.

Kathy
February 27, 2013 07:16PM
Get better, Stephan!

- Oren

Let's Grow ... (clap-clap, clap-clap-clap) Let's Grow!!!
March 03, 2013 07:51PM
Just to give some news . Thing look much better so far ... I still take pain killer but in much more reasonable amount ( 400mg a day) time to time it awakes me at night. but I sleep quickly after.

I think it will be over in 2 weeks.

----
No beard, No soul

<[picasaweb.google.com];
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Top of Page