Newtown, CT

Gallery Random Image

Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Newtown, CT

Newtown, CT
December 20, 2012 11:48AM
It's been an emotional Holiday season as just about 15 miles away from where I live has occurred one of the most horrific tragedies we've had to deal with especially after superstorm Sandy hit us back on October, and now the recent shootings at Sandy Hook elementary school in Newtown, CT. While I don't expect most of you to possibly known somebody, and I don't have personally know the victims directly, but I have a co-worker and a former classmate of mine that do, so I feel their pain.

On a lighter note for those that don't know me, Russ and myself started our communities over 10 years ago back when we were fed up with the bullying that took place on the former board as certain keyword searches can bring up discussion about what happened. I was directly targeted at the time, and fought back by starting my community which we now know as Jeff F.'s Beard Board.

I'm glad both our places have strived over the years and are still active. We didn't have the ability to post images from our profiles until 2007, and just recently we now have a mobile app, so glad to see technology has changed for the better to keep us better connected.

Post Edited (12-20-12 07:02)

Re: Newtown, CT
December 23, 2012 01:03AM
As a former educator myself,it strikes very close to my heart and society at large how precious human life is. We have grown accustomed to the school being a safe harbor of eduction for children and a rich ground for educators to teach furture citizens that civilized people get along and work for the greater good. However something horiible like this shooting happens, we must reach out and reassure that it still a safe place to send our children to school and that love is still there despite the cruely of these events.

Post Edited (12-22-12 20:05)

Gerald
[members.cox.net]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Top of Page