Hello and beard history

Gallery Random Image

Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Hello and beard history

Hello and beard history
May 08, 2012 05:12PM
Hi, first post here.

I remember when I first started growing facial hair at about 17 or so and my Mom saying I'd want to start shaving soon and I saw no reason to ever do so. She replied, "What? You don't want a beard!" In other words, she didn't want me to have one.

I shaved once and didn't do it again for months. I've almost never shaved except when I had a job where I had to and I stopped shaving the moment I got another job. I've been on my current job for twenty years and went a good eight years without shaving. Then I shaved for a couple of weeks and then went another ten years. I just recently shaved one time just for the novelty of starting over. Ideally, I'd love to have a job where I could let it grow and never have to shorten it again so it would get to a length like some of the great men of the past had. I'd be tucking it into my belt like the fictional character of my user name.

As it is, a couple of months worth of growth is about as far as I can push it and I usually keep it to more of a "Commander Riker" level if you know what that means. In a way, I wish we were in a culture where men were either expected to have good full beards or at least where it didn't matter one way or the other.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and discuss beards.

Re: Hello and beard history
May 13, 2012 05:33AM
I like your first post. Welcome to the site.

-John

----
'Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death.'-Anaïs Nin
Re: Hello and beard history
May 13, 2012 10:52AM
I agree with you. Welcome to the site.

Gerald
[members.cox.net]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Top of Page