Re: Start of a new journey

Gallery Random Image

Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Tel
Start of a new journey
July 27, 2011 04:10PM
Yesterday, at the ripe old age of 42, I had my first tattoo! Something to remind me and connect me with my close family, who have all now passed away. The artist put together a modest numerical design which I now have on my right calf muscle. I don't plan to post it on here.

Being tattooed was a really interesting experience, not very painful and in some ways quite relaxing. The artist was absolutely first-class in his approach. I had ample time to run out of the studio as a bag of nerves, or looking a coward, but I was amazed at how ready and how cool I felt about doing it. So I guess the time was right.

In recent years I have come to hold firm ideas about how I would like to look as I age, and the bearded, tattooed look is something which appeals to me very much.

I think this is definitely a case of being at the start of another of life's journeys, so it will be interesting to see where it goes. One thing is for certain, there will be more designs to add to my body in the future.

Post Edited (07-28-11 17:33)
Gym
July 28, 2011 08:17PM
The reason you felt so calm during the tattooing process is because the tattoo you selected had great meaning to you. You weren't just getting something like barbed wire around your bicep, or your favorite sports team's logo on your shoulder.

Instead, your tattoo was very personal to you, which always makes for the best designs. I know; I've got quite a few myself -- and all have some sort of meaning to me.

I will say, though ... after you get that first one, the rest are way too easy. [Laughs.]

Congrats on your new journey in life!
July 31, 2011 05:20PM
It is very easy to get a meaningless tattoo, but it is harder to get one that is meaningful to yourself. It is somthing you are going to shed blood over and one you will have for the rest of your days. You should always be happy to share your ink with folks you want to see it and share the story and meaning behind the ink..

Post Edited (07-31-11 05:21)

Gerald
[members.cox.net]
Tel
July 30, 2011 12:20AM
Thanks Gym for that nice reply. I appreciated that.
Tel
July 31, 2011 11:38PM
Yes, I agree Gerald. Trying to tie in the maximum amount of meaning is perhaps the most difficult part in coming to a final design, but the more connections you can make within a design, the better it gets.

As I said, it's a numerical design, because I love numbers (mathematics, numerology, cultural meanings, lottery, statistics etc) so that goes a long way with meaning in the first place. After that it's piecing things together to make them more interesting which counts.
August 07, 2011 09:10AM
Welcome to the club

----
No beard, No soul

<[picasaweb.google.com];
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Top of Page