Re: Been a while! Question + latest progress

Gallery Random Image

Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Hey guys, it's been about a minute since I was last here tongue sticking out smiley I was growing my beard out once before but ended up chopping it off. However! I started it up again 4 months, 2 weeks and 1 day ago. It has gotten to about 4" so far, I am so used to it now but my friends and family still can't get over how long it is even though they see it pretty much every day haha. Anyway, here is a pic of where it is at right now:

I had a question hopefully someone can help me with. How do you straighten a beard? Not necessarily with a straightener, but any other method. Unless a straightener is the best? Curious to know this! I have noticed that the longer it gets it seems to straighten itself out more and more, but I wish I could get more of it straight. Do beards generally get more straight the longer they get? Maybe gravity lends a hand lol...
July 16, 2011 09:44PM
Straighten????

You look SO cool real curly as it is!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd leave it alone. The curls are good.

July 17, 2011 07:55AM
Curly beards do kinda straighten out some with length. The curls adds texture and character to your beard.

Gerald
[members.cox.net]
Your beard will always be curly, just like curly head hair. But it will change and look quite different as it lengthens.

You can't change the fact that you have a curly beard, so the best thing to do is accept & embrace it and enjoy the metamorphosis as it grows.

Please don't chop it off again. It's uniquely yours!

July 25, 2011 03:44AM
Looking great!
Yes, gravity will pull your beard down more as it grows longer. Who needs a hot straightening iron - it's hot enough as it is!
Mine was very bushy at 4 inches.

- Oren

Let's Grow ... (clap-clap, clap-clap-clap) Let's Grow!!!
My beard is kinky and sticks out all over, but is now long enough that I've started wearing one of these tiny clear rubber bands at the bottom (they also come in brown and black). I wrap it around three times and it holds the beard in a perfect shape - no hair straightening needed. Your curls are so nice, though, that I'd leave them alone.

[www.sallybeauty.com]

Post Edited (07-24-11 16:42)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Top of Page