OUCH !

Gallery Random Image

Welcome! Log In

Advanced

OUCH !

OUCH !
December 11, 2010 04:20AM
Hi,

As I woke up, last Wednesday my heel was aching a bit ... I didn't took care , even if the pain was there I thought it was the snowy weather, And some tiring semester ...

On Thursday morning the pain woke me 5:30 AM, and When I put my left foot on the ground the pain was just terrible and I screamed very loud ... So Loud I've waken my neighbours

I couldn't put my foot on ground really , after an hour and 2 g of aspirin I could finally take a shower (on one foot) ,... I went to the GP early afternoon with a lot of difficulties to walk I took my car even for the 200m I usually walk

The diagnose was direct ... nothing broken just a fasciitis plantar ... an inflammation if the heel - plantar ligament

I had 2off, Morphine (60mg to 100mg/day) an Diclofenac (150 mg/day)

Today was not to bad ... morphine make me sleep and stops the pain ... the problem will be next week, when I'll return to work under morphine (...)

----
No beard, No soul

<[picasaweb.google.com];
Re: OUCH !
December 11, 2010 04:56AM
A good orthotic should help. It need not be by prescription.

December 11, 2010 06:58AM
Poor Stephan - I feel your pain. I also wear orthotics on BOTH heels!

Gym
December 11, 2010 10:34PM
Wow, you have one severe case of planter fasciitis! My heart goes out to you.

I get this from time to time, because I'm a runner, but I've never screamed out loud in pain like you. It's a bit tender in the morning, but after a few steps or so, it's fine.

What I did, and it seems to have worked pretty well (knock on wood) is I went out to Walgreen's and bought heal inserts especially designed for planter fasciitis for all of my shoes. I think they run about $12 -- but they're well worth it.
December 13, 2010 12:15AM
I can walk again , without limping, but no so fast and so far ... I've made 150 m today

The pain is now at low lever even 8 hours after 30 mg morphine intake, so the good thing is I can work again tomorrow ... but will probably sit a bit during the morning lesson. and I have to find a solution for the stuff I have to do in afternoon that need some muscular work ... Who said teachers only do intellectual work...

----
No beard, No soul

<[picasaweb.google.com];
December 15, 2010 09:22PM
Sounds very painful. What caused it to happen,do you know?
Great handlebar by the way.

December 16, 2010 01:18AM
Gabby wrote:

> Sounds very painful. What caused it to happen,do you know?

1. It's very painful ... It's not the top #1 pain I ever felt ... The top stills kidney biopsy with missed epidural anaesthesia ... but it's in top 3

2. It come one day , but it's the result of multiple factors (bad shoes ( The problem is not my shoes but my slippers, slippery floor, very common in winter, solicit the ligament too much by running stairs, ....)

> Great handlebar by the way.

I believe I have to update this, I'm not looking like this any more

----
No beard, No soul

<[picasaweb.google.com];
December 16, 2010 04:28AM
Get new shoes and have a shoe cobbler make you a insert for your dress shoes. I have one on my left shoe, because my left leg is 2/5 of an inch shorter than my right leg because of the bones that I broke a few years back.

Post Edited (12-15-10 15:30)

Gerald
[members.cox.net]
December 17, 2010 04:44AM
Btw I have quite wide feet and I can not wear any kind of shoes ... Mostly are "Mephisto" with soft air technology

[www.mephisto.com]

They are expensive but it's also very good quality , I have a pair of Sierra I used 23 years ... I have to change them next spring by some MUTO's

----
No beard, No soul

<[picasaweb.google.com];
December 17, 2010 07:04AM
The only shoes I am able to wear are Clark's Wallabees, mainly because of their very flexible crepe soles, but also because of their fit. They will not hold up like the Mephistos but I have found nothing comparable to them. They run wide and can accommodate the insert I use in my right shoe only to lift that slightly shorter leg, probably due to the scoliosis.

[www.clarks.co.uk]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Top of Page