Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Re: Virtual Backlot - Green Screen examples

Virtual Backlot - Green Screen examples
February 25, 2010 05:17PM
February 26, 2010 04:21AM
Nothing very new technically,

The green screen / chroma key is used since the 1940's in movies ... and late 1960's in television.

So what's new ?

The addition of Motion control (ce.1990) and match moving (ca. 2000) which both allow to the get a 3D background movement ... and to control and compute the movement of the real and virtual camera giving the scene the aspect of reality.

you can see a lot of that actually... cause it's easier and faster to produce a a movie that way, you have no location, travel problem...

Post Edited (02-25-10 15:25)

----
No beard, No soul

<[picasaweb.google.com];
February 26, 2010 06:17AM
It's that I've never seen it like they show it and how the green screen works is all and I wanted to share it qith you all.

Just think of how the government can use this to convince us that we are actually seeing whatever it is that they want us to see, to advance their agenda.

February 27, 2010 05:43AM
Quite everybody can use a green screen nowadays

I used one in this trailer :

The scene in the armchair was shot before a green screen, the background is a photography .. you can perfectly notice that it is green screen at 1:16

Editing this with the price of the camera and editing program costed less than 300 Euro (450 $)

Motion control and match moving is just a question of a couple of thousand $ more ...

The Saint Thomas of today can be easily fulled ... What you see is not ever reality you need a BRAIN to interpret the pictures

Post Edited (02-26-10 16:52)

----
No beard, No soul

<[picasaweb.google.com];
April 06, 2010 11:49AM
I produce corporate video and use a green screen occaisionally. When the screen and the subject are properly lit, it works very well. I use Adobe Premier with Adobe After Effects with an aftermarket plugin for a very good effect.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Top of Page