Jamaican Black Castor Oil Beard Wax with Peppermint

Gallery Random Image

Welcome! Log In

Advanced

April 05, 2019 05:29AM
The other day I made this beard wax that's as thick as the beard balm waxes that are sold but this was made from Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Peppermint. Here's the recipe for a 2 oz tin:

2 tablespoons bees wax
2 tablespoons Jamaican black castor oil
1 tablespoon jojoba oil
1 teaspoon peppermint oil

Melt everything in a double boiler gradually except for the peppermint oil. I used an old clean glass jar that I didn't mind parting with (I was able to clean it for next time, though). I have a deep grill that goes across 2 burners on my stove top that I filled with water and started heating over medium heat. Place the jar filled with the first 3 ingredients into the middle of the hot grill. Water should not go inside the jar but the heat will prevent the wax from burning (I used an old clean Popsicle stick). Once everything melts (about a half hour) turn off the heat and mix in the Peppermint Oil. Stir with a spoon real good and quick and then pour everything into the 2 oz tin. Let it cool till a bit solid and then put in the refrigerator over night.

The castor and peppermint oils are supposed to help your beard grow fast and thick while softening the hair. The bees wax locks in the moisture and helps prevent split ends. The jojoba oil is a good skin oil. The peppermint scent covers the castor oil smell which a lot of people don't like and the black castor oil is black and smells a bit burnt because it was. The entire beard wax is tan colored when done but would come out more white if white bees wax and regular castor oil was used.

It's actually simple to make with just 4 ingredients but time consuming. This contains no DHT inhibitors which your face doesn't want to grow a nice thick beard and most beard waxes u buy do contain DHT inhibitors like coconut oil.

Hope u like this!

Marty

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2019 05:48AM by LinuxHippy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Top of Page