42nd Beardiversary!

Gallery Random Image

Welcome! Log In

Advanced

42nd Beardiversary!

42nd Beardiversary!
December 31, 2018 06:52AM
On Christmas day in 1976, at age 19, I stopped shaving, and haven't shaved since. In celebration of my 42nd beardiversary I snapped a photo while out on a Tucson-area hike yesterday and am posting it here. Last year when I reported in for my 41st beardiversary (see [beardcommunity.com]), I mentioned that I'd grown my beard out to be the longest I've had it in several years. This past year I continued with that until midsummer when, a little tired of its unfortunately wispy terminus, I removed just a few inches, hopefully giving it a fuller look while maintaining a good amount of length and the squared-off bottom.

Click on the thumbnail to see a larger image in Gallery 56, and click on that gallery image to see a very large full-size image. Enjoy!

Tom W. in Tucson

Re: 42nd Beardiversary!
January 01, 2019 06:33AM
Looks great, Tom! I really admire your commitment for all those years. I've had my beard since 1979, but it has been all over the place in terms of length and style in those years.
January 01, 2019 02:50PM
Thank you, Wil! I've had my beard shorter and longer (and some parts shorter while other parts are longer) over the years. I just have no desire or temptation ever to shave again, so in my mind that's not so much of a commitment that might be considered difficult to keep as a choice of what I want to do and how I want to look, a choice that is easy to keep.

I hope you're enjoying your new shorter style of 2018. Best wishes to you for the new year.

Tom W. in Tucson

January 01, 2019 11:42PM
I realized after posting last night that today is my beardiversary. After a few false starts, I started growing the beard that I kept on January first, 1979. I was 19 and in college at the time. I'd previously grown my mustache beginning January first, 1977, when I was in high school.

While I've had a full beard ALMOST continuously since then, there have been a few brief times when I went with just a mustache or a mustache goatee combo over the years. In the early 90s I shaved my face completely when I had jaw surgery. Those times have been very brief.I do like to change it up from time to time, but I'm a beard guy at heart.
January 02, 2019 05:23PM
Happy Beardiversary, Tom! 42 years. That's quite an accomplishment.
January 05, 2019 04:08PM
Thank you Russ! Accomplishment? Nah, just follicular fortitude.

Cheers!

Tom W. in Tucson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Top of Page