How to view new messages that are responses to old posts?  Russ?

Gallery Random Image

Welcome! Log In

Advanced

How to view new messages that are responses to old posts? Russ?

How to view new messages that are responses to old posts? Russ?
May 31, 2018 11:03AM
A question, perhaps for Russ. If someone else has an idea, that's good too.

I'm logged in, go to the forums page, and see that the "The Beard Community" forum has

Because the two new posts don't appear at the top of the first page, they are apparently not on a new topic, but are instead a response to an old post. How can I find them and view them? I scrolled through the first 20 pages of posts, and didn't find the new, unread posts. I tried doing an advanced search over the last 30 days for any new post containing the word "a" or "the" and that brought up nothing (including recent posts in new topics, so perhaps the search doesn't work that way). I've tried adjusting the Forum Settings in the Control Center, selecting each of the several message list display options, and saw no difference after I saved and viewed the message list.

So, I don't see any way to locate these new posts when they're tied to old posts in the past. Is there some trick I don't know about?

Thanks,

Tom

Followup: I just used the advanced search to search for postings from the last 30 days containing the word "beard". (Duh). I found two new postings by Filou75 dated May 22, one in response to a posting by yours truly. But there's no posting from May 31 in response to that search. And so my original question remains.
Re: How to view new messages that are responses to old posts? Russ?
May 31, 2018 11:56AM
Hi Tom --

I see red flags next to new messages. Do you see those?

Be in touch,
Russ
Re: How to view new messages that are responses to old posts? Russ?
May 31, 2018 12:53PM
Hi Russ! I do see the red flag, such as on the response you just left. But it's hard to find that red flag if it's on, say the 192nd page of 400-something.

--Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Top of Page