Re: New To The Community But Not The Lifestyle

Gallery Random Image

Welcome! Log In

Advanced

New To The Community But Not The Lifestyle
August 26, 2016 11:02AM
Hello Beard Community!!

My name is Tim and I am from Almost Heaven country. I've had some form of facial hair since the mid 1970s. My beard is three months old as I started about two weeks before Memorial Day. I use a 2 in 1 conditioner and a rosemary/castor oil mixture that is supposed to help growth. I got this from George Bruno's YouTube channel Gray Bailey.

If you're not familiar with George, he is a professional hair stylist in the Philadelphia area who is a beardsmith for people with long beards. He will be a judge next month at the National Beard and Moustache Championship in Nashville, TN.

I am unable to add files, so I hope the ones I attach will be visible. Not bad for three months.

Let It Grow and Let It Flow!!
Attachments:
open | download - 24Aug2016 Close.jpg (108.7 KB)
open | download - 24UG2016 Side Beard.jpg (111.9 KB)
August 26, 2016 06:12PM
Very nice! I especially like the way you style your mustache with the beard.

BTW, where on earth is "Almost Heaven?"
August 26, 2016 09:29PM
TwoBear Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very nice! I especially like the way you style
> your mustache with the beard.
>
> BTW, where on earth is "Almost Heaven?"

John Denver wrote a song Almost Heaven describing our state of West Virginia.
August 27, 2016 04:36AM
I should have known... I was a fan of John Denver back in the day. I've sang along with that song!
September 13, 2016 11:38AM
Hi Tim, and welcome to BCBB!

Your beard looks great! You said, "I've had some form of facial hair since the mid 1970s." I suspect you've thus had several different styles, and wonder which you've liked the most.

I've had a beard since I grew it out starting on Christmas, 1976, and haven't shaved since. Trims, longer and shorter, but never shaved. I was never one to experiment with styles much.

I know we're a little quiet here right now, but I welcome you to chime in anyway. I suspect there are lots of lurkers, and the more conversations we have here, the more de-lurking might happen.

--Tom

Tom W. in Tucson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Top of Page