just started to grow a beard

Gallery Random Image

Welcome! Log In

Advanced

May 31, 2016 06:50PM
hi guys i am 21 years old and want to grow a beard......... it would be cool if u guys can help me grow it out with your advice......... the beard that i have and the beard that i want are given in the pictures.... please tell me if this beard style is possible And also i have not shaved from at least 4 days now.
Attachments:
open | download - Photo on 31-05-16 at 4.08 pm.jpg (137.4 KB)
open | download - man bun.jpg (46.2 KB)
Re: just started to grow a beard
May 31, 2016 06:52PM
a few more pictures
Attachments:
open | download - Photo on 31-05-16 at 4.08 pm #3 #2.jpg (137.1 KB)
open | download - Photo on 31-05-16 at 4.09 pm.jpg (99 KB)
Re: just started to grow a beard
June 08, 2016 04:02AM
Hi Rikdev and welcome to the Beard Community!

From your photos you provided of yourself and the beard you want, I'd say you have a good eye for what is possible--the man in the photo has a growth pattern and shape of face similar to yours. It's a little difficult to tell from your photos with only 4 days of growth exactly what your longer-term beard growth will look like. But I think that perhaps your beard is still developing and getting thicker and darker, and while you might not achieve that look in the next few months of growing your beard out, you may be able to in two or five years. That said, one mistake that many guys make is to think that their beard is too thin or light and they shave everything off, while what they needed to do was grow the beard to a little longer length to let the patchiness and holes they have get covered over by the longer hairs. I'd suggest you keep on growing for at least three to six months and see what you have at that point. You can then gently trim if you wish to shape your beard in a particular way, or let it all keep growing if you still need more length or coverage.

Keep us posted with photos of your bearded journey!

--Tom

Tom W. in Tucson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Top of Page